Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Main PageHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOW I GOT STARTED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HILLBILLY HOLLER KENNELS

HILLBILLY HOLLER KENNELS

HOW I GOT STARTED Empty
PostSubject: HOW I GOT STARTED   HOW I GOT STARTED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Believe it or not the first time i ever went coon huntin is when i went to go buy Buck. I was a hardcore beagler until then, but since i was really little i had always wanted a coon dog. And, one day while i was visiting a coon huntin website i seen Buck's ad. And i don't know what it was but i just knew that he was the dog i was supposed to get. So right then and there i started workin on sellin my beagles. I had a strong pack of dogs and was pretty well-known down here in Florida for my beagles so it didn't take but a few hrs to have my whole pack of 6 beagles sold! So arrangements were made and that coming weekend i drove all the way to Tennessee to go on my first coon hunt with my future dog. Well finally Friday came and i drove up there to hunt. The first drop he struck right off the leash and was treed 1,000 yds. away with the meat. The second drop he went out and treed in a den and the third drop he went out and hunted for 30 minutes and came back. Well, i was sold on him and he came back to Florida with me. Now for my first Florida hunt with him. It was a weeknight so we decided we'd just make one drop and head home. So we dumped him and he struck within 5 minutes. He drove he track 756 yds. according to the Garmin gave three beautiful locates and hammered down treed. We started walking to him and ended up chest deep in swamp. He had treed three grown coons up that tree. And, ever since then me and Buck have been hittin these swamps every night i can afford to put gas in the truck. The bond me and Buck share is somethin special. Along with that i can truly say I can't even count the memories and friendships i've made chasin after a good o'l walker dog through swamps and thickets. Even on the "bad" nights of coon huntin there's been some good memory that came from it! I hope maybe one day we won't have to say it's a "dying" tradition. I know one thing for sure my eyes will always be lookin up in the top of a tree until they shut for good!
Back to top Go down
splittreedinAR

splittreedinAR

HOW I GOT STARTED Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW I GOT STARTED   HOW I GOT STARTED I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:32 am

Glad you found the hound that put the fire under you! Great story.. Ive never coon hunted in the Florida swamps but its always been on my to-do list!
Back to top Go down
Oakwood11

Oakwood11

HOW I GOT STARTED Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW I GOT STARTED   HOW I GOT STARTED I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Very nice bud!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/tandre11
HILLBILLY HOLLER KENNELS

HILLBILLY HOLLER KENNELS

HOW I GOT STARTED Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW I GOT STARTED   HOW I GOT STARTED I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:48 pm

splittreedinAR wrote:
Glad you found the hound that put the fire under you! Great story.. Ive never coon hunted in the Florida swamps but its always been on my to-do list!
Well, come on down and we'll go! Got plenty of coon around here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HOW I GOT STARTED Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW I GOT STARTED   HOW I GOT STARTED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOW I GOT STARTED
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Dying Breed of Coonhunters :: The History of Coon Hunting-
Jump to: